[CQ-Contest] Tomorrow is the Florida QSO Party!

Jim White k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 26 13:43:13 EDT 2002

K4TMC wrote:

Don't forget the Florida QSO Party this weekend!!! (Jim, send the check to my
callbook address)

....I will have a check cut for you, 'TMC.....honest!

CQ-Contest robot subscribers will be pleased to learn that after tomorrow I will once again crawl into my hole for another 11 months...

I appreciate the fact that most of the readership of the various reflectors understands I am merely promoting an amateur radio activity that our club sponsors.  I try to do it in a lighthearted fashion to make it a little more palatable.

There is one group I appear to have accidentally offended this year with my postings and I have reassured one of their senior members, and asked that he inform them, that this was not my intent.  If you feel I have stepped on your toes please accept my apologies.

The Florida QSO Party has been blessed with great participation the past few years since it was taken over by the Florida Contest Group, and we take pride in routinely activating all 67 of Florida's counties my employing contesters to mobile between the less activated ones.

Why do contesters do this - fun. How do contesters have fun - running stations....your help in allowing us to have fun this weekend would be appreciated...we will be waiting for you as we cross the county lines...the "fresh meat" pileups are a blast - hope to see you in there!

FQP details/records/results/downloads adn more can be found at our world class website (tnx WD4AHZ) it is at:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp

[note that the qsl.net server is having problems today but should be up shortly]

ThE PARTY starts tomorrow at noon Eastern time...

Thanks again,

Jim, K4OJ
Florida Contest Group
Sponsors: The Florida QSO Party