[CQ-Contest] Contest Rules

KØHB k0hb at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 21:59:02 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww at arrl.net>

> Several years ago the question of "check" came up while discussing a
> m/o using W4CN (class of 27), and we were advised "that in a m/o, the check
> should be that of the callsign being used"! IMHO, any proven, deliberate
> deviation from the "official" rules should be grounds for disqualification?

Sunuvugun, Shelby.  That's going to cause a lot of difficulty for folks with
calls which have been recycled.  For example our club got the call W0EF
in 1994.  Before that we were KB0SAH (1992).  We got the call W0EF
in memoriam of an SK member.  He got the call in 1977.  Prior to that
the call had first been issued in 1924 to another fellow. I was first licensed
in 1963.  Now, if I am operating W0EF in SS do I use:

A. 1924 (The year W0EF was first issued)
B. 1963 (The year I was first licensed)
C. 1992 (The year the club was first licensed)
D. 1994 (The year W0EF was issued to our club)
E. 1955 (The year my cousin Frank caught the crabs on liberty in Kobe)

I bet the ARRL doesn't care a bit which date we use, so long as we use the same
number all weekend long.

73, de Hans, K0HB