[CQ-Contest] but are YOU really

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Mon Aug 12 16:03:54 EDT 2002

Jim White wrote:
>I also feel the same way about RTTY. If I
> am not having to use my brain to decipher sounds and turn them >into contest exchanges, etc. it is not operating (to me) .

Hi Jim

It's plain to see you have never operated a RTTY contest.  CW
contests are FUN, but so are RTTY contests.  You have to make the
same decisions in either contest.  When to change bands.  Moving
guys from band to band.  When to run and when to S&P.  Run 2
radios or 1 radio.  Catching that LP opening on 10 meters for a
quick couple of new ones.  The excitement of seeing (or hearing)
a "goodie" come back to me is the same, no matter what contest or
mode it is.  Try it, you'll like it!!  Now PSK31, that's a horse
of a different color.  Not much fun talking to a buffer in
someone's computer.  73
Tom W7WHY