[CQ-Contest] What Is a Contact?

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Aug 19 12:00:43 EDT 2002

Isn't that (one contest=one communication) pushing it a bit?

My understanding is that a 'communication' is a QSO.

According to The FCC Rule Book (ARRL, ISBN: 0-87259-245-6), page 6-4, the
Q&A explains that "legally, you have to ID only at the end of the QSO and at
least once every 10 minutes during the course of a QSO."

I accept the ARRL interpretation of the rule, since it was edited by Richard
Palm, K1CE, and he had a FCC staffer (John Johnston, W3BE) assist with the
editorial production of the book.

73,
dale, kg5u