[CQ-Contest] ICOM 775 vs YAESU 1000MP V

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 00:47:51 EDT 2002

Thanks to all who posted on this topic.  I hope I responded individually to
each of you.  If I didn't, my apologies to you.
OK, it looks like if the 775 is toast when it arrives at the the repair site,
it will probably be replaced by a 1000MP V.  After looking at the review in
QST and hearing the good things about it from you guys, I think it is a no
lose situation.  If I like the other 775 I have which was not zapped better
than the 1000 the 775 will become the run radio.  If I like the 1000 better,
the 775 will stay the S/P radio and the 1000 will be the main radio.  I have
operated two different radios before and it has not been a problem.  If it
becomes one, the rig I am least happy with will be replaced with a twin of
the other.
Here's the question.  What set of filters would you guys recommend for SSB
and which set for CW?  Most of my operation is in contests, and I have no
desire to fire up on any of the digital modes, RTTY etc.
Thanks again for the help guys.
Bill K4XS

multipart/alternative
  text/html