[CQ-Contest] Opinions wanted on FT-920

Mike and Alicia Fanning fanning at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 29 21:50:01 EDT 2002

Does anybody have opinions on the performance of the FT-920 as a contesting/DXing rig?  It looks like a lot of bang for the buck, but I have not had the opportunity to use one in person yet.  What kind of experience does the contesting community have with the 920?  I am particularly interested in hearing how the radio performs on CW with QSK enabled.  How does the receiver stack up?  Can you live with only having one IF to put (INRAD) filters in?  How good is the voice quality of the voice keyer?  Is the audio DSP useful?  Opinions good and bad are equally welcome.

73,
-Mike, K4GU

multipart/alternative
  text/html