[CQ-Contest] RIT offset as QRM clue

Rex Maner k7qq at netzero.net
Sat Aug 10 04:49:20 EDT 2002

Quack's
I use a TS870 and on cw I recieve on Lower side most of the time.  Many,
Many stations call on the low side ?? as much as 2 khz low, and this is not
just in contest?? On SSB they seem to do the same when I'm on USB.  I think
that it is because most tune from the bottom up and when they have good copy
they stop before getting on the TX freq?  I find that I set RIT down about
300 hz and have much better tone for my old ears.  On SSB there is no cure.
Many do call off freq but most of the time there is no need to retune to
copy them.
Rex