[CQ-Contest] More than misleading calls. De VY1JA

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Sun Dec 8 15:07:09 EST 2002

"J. Allen" wrote:
snipped
> This year, the representatives in RAC, began working with suggestions for
> our present Canadian national organization, aimed at requesting that ARRL
> change the official designator for YT/NWT/NU.  When things got serious, an
> ARRL rep, suggested that the ARRL will do as it chooses.... the excuse of
> CARF having the power and ARRL as powerless to make the change was suddenly
> gone, and the stone wall appeared.
--------------------
Well, I've said this before, but until the ARRL removes the "A" for
advisory from the committee names, we're stuck. These are the
individuals who should be making these decisions. I seriously
challenge the staff and directors of the ARRL to assert the position
that they are more knowledgeable then these representatives,
supposedly the best in the field.

The last time I checked, Canada was NOT the 51st State. I would simply
tell them that Canada will decide what their sections are named, and
if they don't like it, well too bad.

As for the "ARRL rep", mentioned, I think it high time to name these
individuals,
rather than let them hide behind the facade of the ARRL.

And if I get dinged for submitting "YT", well, I will consider it a
vote in honor of our best friends in the world.

73
Ed