[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 08:13:03 EST 2002

Like someone else stated earlier... I always thought that most of
the digital modes like RTTY was up in the high end of the CW band
for example like 7070.... I realize during a contest that there are
going to be more guys on so it's not possible to cram everyone doing
the contest up in that part of the band. The same thing happens in
a DX phone contest... you have stations operating below 7040 so
guys operating CW during a DX phone contest could have a valid
complaint
that the contesters are infringing into their territory.

Hopefully the ARRL bandplan proposals for 40 meters will fix this
mess....

                        Jeff