[CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Sat Feb 9 17:06:59 EST 2002

The same "too many minor contests" argument could be made for all modes
... with all the QSO parties, Sprints, various national society DX
contests, and specialty band contests, I doubt there is a single weekend
lacking two or three operating events.

This year's XE International RTTU Contest was the third annual ... what
is the participation level?

> I, too, would like to see the WPX RTTY moved further from ARRL CW. I
> can't operate back to back weekends seriously. In years I have
> operated the RTTY WPX, I've done ARRL CW part-time multi at N3RS
> (to paraphrase Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that").
> Some years, I like to operate ARRL CW from home, and in those years
> I don't do the WPX test.

There wouldn't seem to be a problem swapping weekends for CQ WPX RTTY
and XE Int'l RTTY if the two sponsors could agree.  Of course, to be
effective, NCJ would need to agree NOT to schedule CW Sprint on the
"Second Sunday UTC" when February 1 was a Saturday or Sunday <G>.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com