[CQ-Contest] Sprint Notes

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Feb 11 08:02:56 EST 2002

At 10:56 PM 2/10/02 -0600, Robert Brandon wrote:

>I agree, Bill.  Signals on 80M were great at W5KFT, and I was wishing
>the same thing.

Me, too.  I don't know if I'm typical, but I tend to hang around on 20
looking for the last few juicy mults, and usually get into backscatter and
single CQs by the time I leave.  I would welcome more activitiy on 80
earlier.  I suspect the key is to move sooner and use the second radio to
CQ on the higher bands in search of whatever you haven't already found
there.  Maybe next year I'll have the courage to do that.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com