[CQ-Contest] NCJ Decision Makers (was something less P.C)

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Mon Feb 11 22:14:12 EST 2002

> Perhaps with some education
> on the part of the RTTYers to encourage them to use some breaktime
> during the sprint peak time on 40 (0130-0300) - or to try a
> different band - will help even more.

The problem with the RTTY guys taking break time during the Sprint
peak time on 40 is that it is also during some of the best hours
for NA to EU on 40.  Further the RTTY WPX rules provide double points
for 160/80/40 Meter QSOs thus the push on 40.

> 3. If the Marathon moved, and the WPX RTTY contest moved, then
> it might be possible to move the CW Sprint if there are no
> other conflicts generated that would cause bigger issues.
> However, I am not holding my breath on that one.

There seems to be interest in updating some other issues with
the CQ/RJ RTTY WPX.  Perhaps the sponsors can work out an
agreement with the XE guys to exchange weekends (less RTTY
activity in the XE and no premium for low band QSOs) as part
of the changes.  If that happens, do you think the Sprints can
be defined based on "full weekend" rather than "first/second
"Sunday UTC" to avoid a periodic clash?

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com