[CQ-Contest] Tnx K5KA es Yes, Timo there is a BIG difference

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 01:57:47 EST 2002

Two Things RE Records :

A)

Tnx K5KA for all those compilations you have been doing...too bad we do not
have one for this weekends ARRL DX CW - would be nice to know...no pressure
though!!!

Has anyone compiled the W4 records recently?

B)

OH1NOA notes re the IARU high scores the following:

"Still interesting to see a station which sent HQ abbreviation in the
contest to be a record holder of multioperator category.
(R1MV 1999 SRR)"

BIG DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN MM AND HQ STATIONS IN THIS AND ONLY THIS
COMPETITION...

YOU CAN TRANSMIT SIMULTANEOUSLY ON BOTH BAND MODES IF YOU ARE A HQ
STATION...i.e. both 20CW and 20 SSB can be running!

YOU ARE NOT BOUND BY THE RADIUS LIMITATION OF OTHER CONTESTS IF YOU ARE A HQ
STATION...which allows less inter-station and intermode interference if you
play your cards right.

As the organizer for the W1AW/4 operation of about two years ago let me tell
you both of these make for a very VERY enlightening contest.

...there are 12 band modes to activate!  A lot of logistical work ensues -
but this was a killer good time.  The Florida Contest Group's activation of
W1AW/4 was one I will never forget - watching the QSOs add up was
awesome...11,000 + QSOs in a 24 hour operation, wow!

If you can someday take part in your national society's HQ operation I
highly recommend it - we enjoyed being a multiplier without leaving our own
state...it was thrilling - and the icing on the cake was that one of our own
contest club's members - our President no less -  (K1T something) was a
co-champion at WRTC in Slovenia...

I am having an adrenaline buzz from the memories...good timing - I am
psyched for the ARRL DX now...see y'all this weekend!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com