[CQ-Contest] What is correct number ?

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 15 08:25:40 EST 2002

--- "Vladimir A. Gordienko" <gord at kron.donetsk.ua> wrote:

> I'd like to clear up a question regarding correct number
> in case of 1kW power. I mean, what is correct: 599 1000
> or 599 1KW  or 599 KW  or 599 1K  or 599 K  or all of them?

You can send whatever you like.  I suggest do NOT use anything that ends in K.
You will get a lot of repeats by people asking what your power is because "K"
usually means "end of transmission".  1K might be logged as 1, K could sound
like no power was sent at all.  Remember, if someone logs your power
incorrectly, YOU could lose credit for the QSO as well as the other station.
You don't want this to happen.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com