[CQ-Contest] Astute observation by ZF2NT

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 19 08:08:12 EST 2002

ZF2NT notes the following on 3830:

>  We're simply too close to FL down here, and as everybody knows most of
the good CW ops in the US have now retired and moved to FL.

The Florida Contest Group welcomes any and all Florida operators to join us
in the land of year round antenna work....and believe it or not some of us
are not even retired!  We have some excellent contest ops... including the
CW challenged...

Bruce is one of the few in the nearby Caribbean guys you can consistently
work from here on the higher bands - a credit to his operating skills...he
may be booming up Nawth but down here in FL he is that almost undetectable
peep seemingly out of synch with the huge pileups!  Bruce knows this and
will add our call at the tail end of the exchange because we simply cannot
hear it the first time he sends it underneath all those longer callers...

Florida...its like ZF without the tax breaks!  Nice WX, good prop and a
great contesting club - what more could you want...I know:

You can be the DX in the:

Florida QSO Party, the fastest growing state QSO party in the nation!

Only 61 days until FQP 2K2 - see you then!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com