[CQ-Contest] Nagging problem

Mike Wetzel w9re at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 19 15:50:12 EST 2002

Scott,

I recently experienced some very similar problems, rf wise.  I've been
fighting my problems for the last 2 months and haven't exactly figured out
what is wrong.  What I did to fix the problem on CW was to install a bypass
cap (.001) on the lead from the computer to the keying transistor in the
keying interface.  Now last weekend in the contest that worked for the first
24 hours then I had to install a second bypass cap from the base of the
keying transistor (in between the resistor and the transistor) that got me
through to the end of the contest.

Mike W9RE

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com