[CQ-Contest] WRTC2002 Contest Rules

kl7ra kl7ra at blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 22 06:28:35 EST 2002

I spent a few minutes going over the rules for WRTC2002. I hope to
work all the teams this summer on all bands/modes, if I can hear them.

The rules go a long way to explain in detail how radio position A makes
all the contacts even to the point where the ops have to get up and
physically change chairs.

To me this seems to conflict with the team operating concept.

What was wrong with "anything goes" as long as only one signal is
transmitted at a time. Seems it would be more fun for the competitors
and surly would require a well thought out team strategy plus the fact
they would have to work well together.

The rules, as they stand, go a long way to prevent multi-operating skills
or did I miss something in the original WRTC concepts.

73 Rich KL7RA

[25 below zero F, warmed up from a minus 44 last week.]

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com