[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Feb 25 20:32:40 EST 2002

> Is the FT1000MP band data output a special size? The DIN plug I
> bought from Radio Shack seems to be too large.

The pin spacing and size is very close, but a tiny bit different than
all the other DIN plugs in the world.

I spent about 30 hours looking for a replacement, and the only
source I found is Yaesu.

You can tweak the pins with needle nose pliers and force a regular
DIN in, but it doesn't fit quite right!

I've heard rumors some people push really really hard and manage
to get a DIN plug in, but I was always afraid to try it!

Call Yaesu, save yourself grief.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI at contesting.com