[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data

W5ASP at aol.com W5ASP at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 18:42:37 EST 2002

I missed out on the initial part of this thread, but I thought it worth while
jumping in with a bit of info that may or may not be common knowledge.

As has been mentioned, the Kenwood TS-930 (and probably 940) required the
same "funny" DIN connector.  Back then some DIN connectors seemed to work,
most didn't.  There most definitely was a difference. As noted elsewhere, the
difference is that in one instance the pins are arranged in a circular
pattern while in the other the "first and last" two pins are offset from the
circle.

I had occasion years ago to look into this and found that the "funny"
connector that actually worked on my TS-930 was in fact a SwitchCraft product
quite distinct from the run-of-the-mill DIN.  I once had a product number,
but it's long gone.  I don't even know if they're still around.  But maybe
someone in the parts business can follow this thru for the benefit of the new
generation of confused users.

Joe, W5ASP