[CQ-Contest] Does K7BG have key clicks??

Matt & Carrie Trott aa7bg at 3rivers.net
Fri Jan 4 22:49:31 EST 2002

I received 9 replies to the inquiry below I sent out a couple weeks back
after my effort in the 10m test. Of the nine replies, two said I had "wide"
or "unclean" sigs. The other 7, some who said I was S9 +40 much of the time,
said they detected no problem. All comments came from seasoned ops so I am
still going to pursue getting a scope or such to check things out before I
run the 940 in the next big broo-ha-ha. I appreciate all those who replied
and sorry it has taken me a while to post this brief tally of the results.
Is it a receiver noise blanker problem that made me sound bad to some ops
(as posited by one op)? I dunno. I do know that any noise blanker I've ever
used caused all kinds of strange receive effects in loud signal environs.

All the best in Y2.002k and thanks again,

Matt--K7BG

On Behalf Of Matt & Carrie Trott