[CQ-Contest] Re: Voice Keyer

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 5 09:18:46 EST 2002

kk9a at arrl.net wrote:

>I'm looking for recommendations on voice keyers.  I've been using a Yaesu
>DVS-2 for four years and I've never liked the audio quality.  I've
>considered the W9XT card, which may be good for home use but it won't work
>for contest expeditions using a laptop.  So tell me what you're using and
>how you like it!

I use and really like the W9XT cards.  I seem to recall hearing something
once about a mod that would let you put one of the W9XT cards into a box
with a power supply and run it from an external parallel port.  You might
contact W9XT and see what he thinks.

A list of many voice keyers on the market is available at:
http://www.qth.com/tr/phsupp.html

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com