[CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques

Fabio I4UFH i4ufh at libero.it
Sun Jan 6 17:01:52 EST 2002

Still Waiting 1991 Plaque 1° EU M/S

Fabio I4UFH

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Norris" <dnorris at k7no.com>
To: "Bill Fisher W4AN" <w4an at contesting.com>; <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 2:14 AM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: J. Allen" <jallen at internorth.com (J. Allen)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 08:29:35 -0800
Subject: [CQ-Contest] YT status..., Help!, multi-multi and station design. de VY1JA

Hello all,

Yukon is making better showings in the contests now.  Bob, VY1MB has
developed as a contester, doubling his scores from last year, and is looking
forward to better contesting in the future.  Bob is working on both SSB and
FSK.  Please remember to encourage him.

Bob and I are planning to split the contest operations, so that I handle the
CW and he works SSB.  We will compete, but he will be in low power class and
I will be in high power.  For Sweepstakes SSB and summer RAC, we are
planning a multi-multi operation from my station.  Expect strong presence in
the contests from us, with help from other YT ops.

*I have never done a multi-multi operation and have no idea what is required
in operating skill and in possible station requirements.  Can anyone
volunteer to help me via e-mail to plan this properly?

I am in the fortunate position that I will soon have a dedicated room
completed in the warm house to put the main operating station in.  I still
have the cabin to use as a second main position.  The cabin is about 50
yards from the house.

*Does someone have a good set of plans for a well thought out station, that
includes room for the HF and 6 meter gear, and is set up for contesting?

Someone, must have DESIGNED one of these and if I can get the plans, I can
build it or at least something like it by salvaging surplus lumber that is
here on this old lumber-mill site.

Please respond directly to me via one of the paths listed below.

J.,
VY1JA

vy1ja at rac.ca
Box 20117, Mile 9.5 Mayo Rd.