[CQ-Contest] Re: [FOC] rumor confirmation

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Wed Jan 9 18:26:32 EST 2002

If the ARRL is looking for $$$, how about this...

UPS (the little brown truck boys and girls that deliver packages) can be the
"Official Sponsor of the Olympics," why not let ICOM, Kenwood, Yaesu, MFJ,
Alinco, Radio Shack, Force 12, M2, Rohn, Beldon, et al, to bid on being next
year's "Official Sponsor of the 2002 ARRL CW/SSB  DX contest?"

If these manufacturers would own up to the fact that the ARRL is defending
their livelihood, perhaps allowing them to shamelessly plaster the pages of
our beloved QST with full page ads proclaiming that they are the "Official
Sponsor" might be a good thing.  Besides raising money for the ARRL, they
would no-doubt see to it that their Top-end rig would go to the Top Ops in
the "Winner Circle."

Hmmmm.  Let's see, enter a contest where I can get a wooden plaque 2 or 3
years later or spend my energy on a prize of an FT1000MP one week after the
logs are due in--plus my picture in a full page ad in where -- QST no less!
It would be great for the Sponsor, the ARRL, Ham Radio, Contesting,
everybody wins...

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com