[CQ-Contest] Proposed QST changes, Hit 'em where it Hurts $$$

Bob Johnson rjohnson at tmlp.com
Fri Jan 11 22:22:30 EST 2002

As I see it the League is about to embark on another one of there ill advised
"Cost Cutting Schemes" at our expense sometime next week!!!

If we want to maintain FULL Contest coverage in QST, we might consider one of
the following:

1) If you are an ARRL member and the vote goes against us, call the League and
cancel your membership and request a full refund on the balance of your
membership term.

2) If you are an ARRL member and your membership period is near renewal, renew
NOW by credit card and then cancel if the vote goes against us.

3) If your NOT an ARRL member, you might consider joining by credit card
BEFORE
the vote next week and then cancel your subscription after the vote if you
want.  It is not going to cost you anything but the time to make a couple of
800# phone calls!!!

The only way to get the Leagues attention is with $$$, so lets vote with our
pocketbooks.

I have been a League member and supporter since I became a Novice in 1971,
with
the exception of a few years when I was working two jobs and going to night
school.

It seems that the only the League can think of lately is to cut services and
raise prices.  Now when I think about it in that context, it sounds more and
more like a Governmental Agency, "Cost of Incompentency" Tax Increase !!!

73 and hit 'em where it hurts
Bob, K1VU

Thank you
Bob, K1VU