[CQ-Contest] But the web would be awesome, trust me

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 12 00:20:19 EST 2002

N6BV writes:

Putting detailed contest results on the ARRLWeb and allowing people to
download data files for their own analysis sounds like a great benefit to me
in the proposed realignment of QST. Leaving out the detailed listings but
writing some really compelling stories that make contesting sound like great
fun (and a great place to train operators) in QST sounds like good
"marketing" of this particular aspect of our hobby. It also sounds like a
place where a lot of YCCCers could contribute some excellent articles. A
good number of you already write up compelling and interesting write-ups of
their experiences after each major contest.

Yes indeedie...the website search engine type stuff would be great for
contesters - no question.

BUT IF WE WANT FOR CONTESTING TO CONTINUE:

Will QST have room for those compelling stories, after all the instigator
off all this is cost savings and not better contest coverage...of course all
of us would love web resources like those proposed but would we be bringing
newcomers into our contesting ranks?

I still am waiting to see a single subscriber of CQ-Contest respond to Mark
Wilson mwilson at arrl.org and copying this reflector showing that he was
polled about QST content...what is the current readership of the CQ-Contest
reflector - not one hit?

CONTACT YOUR DIRECTORS!

If you are a management or business professional offer services to aid the
league in its efforts to balance its budget, please!

And yes, I would love to hear an audio clip of K1TO running at well over 200
per hour from HC8N on 10 CW in the last CQWW!

The clock is ticking til Board Meeting!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

aka ? in NAQP 1/02??