[CQ-Contest] Product Reviews

Tree N6TR tree at kkn.net
Sat Jan 12 19:52:28 EST 2002

I think a good model for the contest results might be the Product Reviews.
I think there is either less space for these, or more of them are being
done in the same space.  At the same time, the ARRL has added significant
new information in their test results.  These are available on the web
or in hard copy for a small fee (I think).

We have seen some contest results move from QST to the NCJ and I don't
think this has had a negative impact.

Actually - truth be known, I would rather just get QST in electronic format
anyway and save the paper.  Another advantage is that I can look at them
while sitting here in my hotel room in Taiwan.

The real challenge for all of us is getting new people interested in
contesting.  I don't think the magazine is going to do much for that.  It
takes some work to do this.  Providing energy into a club or other
organized group will help get more people on in contests than a bunch
of numbers in a magazine.

Probably having a clean sweep mug shown in the color "up front" section does
a lot more to get people interested than the score listings.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com