[CQ-Contest] Re: Thanks to the ARRL services

Salina Physician Anesthesia spa at tri.net
Sun Jan 13 15:56:43 EST 2002

A bit off topic, but the League has been getting a bunch of bad press on
this list:

I booked a cruise to Antarctica on the Endeavor with Lindblad Travel and
will be there the first of Feb. Will only be on land a few hours so my
thoughts of taking a rig along were left as that.  Six days ago I decided,
what the heck, I'll take the FT-817 along in my back pack, take a fly rod
antenna and see if 2.5 watts can do anything. Can'f find a PSK31 program for
my Cassiopea!  I'll be travelling Chile, Argentina, Antarctica and needed
some official stuff to get through airport security.  All this off topic on
this list, but:

Six days ago I sent off the IARP application to the League with a note,
"leaving the 24th, can you rush?"

Seven fifteen this morning, Sunday, the door bell rang.  A neatly dressed
postman standing there commenting something like, "You needed this in a
hurry!"

Those guys up there have a lot of decisions to make, but I've not been let
down when I needed something.  Thanks,

N0UU

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com