[CQ-Contest] Re: Topband: Dedicated topband transceiver

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 14 15:34:07 EST 2002

> transceiver, with a tuned Cohen filter in the front end (see Peter
> Martinez G3PLX's famous 'Plagiarise and Hybridise' articles in the
> RSGB bulletin in the 1970s),

I don't know who posted this originally, I just read it cross-posted
to cq-contest. The articles were in fact by Peter Martin, G3PDM.

My favourite run rig for CW contests is my Ten-Tec Omni D which
is over 20 years old. No synthesizer or up-conversion, and therefore
excellent CW performance. I have an F1000MP but much prefer the
Ten-Tec for running. It leads me to wonder if one day Elecraft might
come up with a K3, staying with the design philosophy of the K2 but
designed with a few more features for the contester. This could be a
serious contender as a contest radio.

Dave G4BUO

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com