[CQ-Contest] Scores not part of Contest coverage?? Was:Too many contests?

Bob Johnson rjohnson at tmlp.com
Wed Jan 16 15:15:16 EST 2002

Tree, I beg to differ with you, the "Listing" Contest Scores in QST is the
major reason for having Contest Coverage, not the "Fluff Stuff" we now have.

As far as getting a bunch of people more upset than they need to be.  That is
exactly what I'm trying to do !!!  I think they need to get upset and let the
ARRL BoD know what they think about these cuts.

Currently, only about 23% of the licensed US Hams are ARRL members !!!  I see
no reason to try and alienate another segment of our membership.  What are we
trying to shoot for a 20% membership level ???

The VHF/UHF community was the hardest hit segment in the past and got little or
no support from the HF community and we lost members.  Now they are going to
start cutting services to the HF community and those ex-members are not there
to help .

73
Bob, K1VU

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com