[CQ-Contest] Re: [FCG] QST editing decisions

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 13:08:49 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/20/02 9:16:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
k4vud at hotmail.com writes:

 > QST has a big responsibility.  It is fulfilling it badly.

     I totally agree with your observations, particularly about the amount of
pages devoted to construction articles of highly complicated (IMO - I'm not
an EE), extremely narrow appeal devices. I'm really surprised no one has
mentioned this disconnect before.

     While I haven't really determined that QST is "talking down" to its
readership, I take your point. At the opposite end, they're "talking up" to a
very small universe of technically adroit people who ARE interested in these
construction articles (how about they appear in QEX instead, eh?).

     So that leaves us "average" hams as the ones being left out - especially
in our core interest; i.e. contesting. I wish I had a solution but I don't.
Unfortunately posts like this are just preaching to the choir since no one at
League HQ reads this stuff and they have their own reasons and agendas for
their actions anyway.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com