[CQ-Contest] Board Meeting?

Bill Parry w5vx at hiline.net
Sun Jan 20 21:30:43 EST 2002

Now that the ARRL board meeting is over. I'm curious about the process used
in gathering input from members regarding changes at the ARRL. One current
issue concerned contest scores, among other things. Regardless of your
feelings about this issue, it seems an oximoron that there are some pretty
strong feelings about this issue. I know that Directors got a lot of input
on this topic. It also seemed that many didn't become aware that it was up
for discussion until fairly late in the game. As a members of the ARRL, how
can we become aware of issues being discussed at board meetings. Is it the
responsibility of:

a. the ARRL	staff
b. the appropriate ARRL director
c. the appropriate member of (the contest advisory committee in this case)
d. read the minutes after the decision is made
e. other?

Bill, W5VX

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com