[CQ-Contest] Re: [FCG] Is copying an exchange important on "the phone"?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 12:21:46 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/21/02 9:12:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
k4oj at tampabay.rr.com writes:

 > HERE IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT
 >
 >  A contester willing to help co-author a book correct operating
procedures...

 >  THIS IS AN ASSET we can offer up to the ARRL.
 >
 >  What other positive things can the contest community do to assist our
 >  national organization so that it better serves us.
 >
 >  Put something in the pot, we all have been taking from it!

     In my way of thinking, this should be the SECOND book. The first should
be some kind of feature book that gets the competition, the challenge, the
magic of contesting across to the reader. There is a rich history of
contesting with lots of interesting DXpeditions, motley crews, and WINNERS
that emerge.

     After people get their interest piqued, THEN they can read Contesting for
Dummies/Contesting 101 to learn how to DO IT.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com