[CQ-Contest] Heil mics and the Icom-735 (fwd)

Pedro Antonio De Sousa Pedroso paspe at mega.ist.utl.pt
Wed Jan 23 12:34:50 EST 2002

	Hello !
	I have an IC-725 and I use the Heil HC-4.
	To adapt the mic to the radio I use a very small and
	basic mic amplifier (a mic pre-amp kit I bought in electronics
	store). The amp uses one single transistor and a get the power
	from mic plug that has a pin with +8V DC.
	It is working OK, just as well as my desktop mic, the SM-20 !
	Before this I used to connect it just using a capacitor in series
	with the mic to cut the DC offset, but the audio didn't have
	enough punch to drive full power of the rig.

				Good Luck !

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |  ct1elp at amsat.org          |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2801-902 Almada , PORTUGAL                 |