[CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas

Doug Priest Doug at w3cf.com
Wed Jan 23 16:59:50 EST 2002

I wouldn't mind doing a "What IS contesting?" article......I live in a city
of 4.5 million folks and I had no idea what FRC was for 15 years of hamming.
It really is amazing that Joe Shack on the belt is in his own little VHF
world and has no idea of the fun he is missing.......We also need to form
Teams to do local presentations to the smaller VHF / public Service/ non
contest clubs to show them what fun they are missing. There are plenty of
guys who have video's and stills of various DXpedition and operations. We
need to GIVE away videos to be presented to any club that wants it of a
presentation that shows what we do from the guy with wires and 10 watts to
the multi tower Superstation. Then throw in the island DXpedition videos and
a voice over from one of our "professional" voices like N2EA or AB2E. There
has to be professional video editors that may have an in at a studio or
something where the audio can be dubbed in and the video's/stills edited in
the group or someone has to know someone who does. Every ham related  E-Mail
we put out should have a link to contesting.com or related page. The
possibilities are endless. Video's could be given away and the box stuffed
with contesting info...clubs...web sites, etc....

My 3 cents worth

73
Doug W3CF
for a good time go to http://www.contesting.com