[CQ-Contest] [book] parameters

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Thu Jan 24 18:56:59 EST 2002

hi - This is what the book will be. If you have comments REPLY to THIS email
so that I know you are in context - there is a lag time on this list such
that I don't know if some comments came before or after my previous postings.

I don't expect to please everyone - I am trying to be "good enough".

Please note that I will attempt to be as proactive as possible in hearing
all viewpoints, but at some point someone has to be in charge and finally
decide. Since the editor is the sphincter through which all must pass, I
humbly accept that role...;-)

Mission: This book will provide beginning contesters with enough guidance to
start and enjoy contesting of any kind, and will provide more advanced
contesters with information and skills they can use to become more competitive.

In order of preference, here how this book will be published:

 1. published as a bound paperback by a recognized publishing house.

 2. published as a bound paperback by a boutique publishing house, or
self-published.

 3. self-published as a spiral bound notebook, option to download PDF.

Physical sizes: a medium sized "trade paperback", QST-sized font (maybe
larger), single column (maybe double).

Target market: All English-reading radio amateurs, beginning to advanced
contesters.

Purchase price: It must at least pay for itself. A small profit is good - I
propose that any profits be directed to a good cause, and we will discuss
this and agree amongst the major contributors at a later time.

thanks - 73 - jeff wk6i

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com