[CQ-Contest] Emergency Contest

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Jan 25 12:06:35 EST 2002

    I think you've come up with a wonderful idea in which I would
participate. The goals of 1) getting lots of hams involved in a
'demonstration' emergency/competitive event which would raise the visibility
(and hopefully desire to participate in contests) to lots of hams and B)
raise the awareness to the non-ham community. I think the recent national
coverage of the PCSAT proves that there are news and PR angles to some ham
activities.

    The problem? It's a BIG JOB with lots of hard work that will take a bunch
of people a lot of time to do it all. It makes our WRTC events (which take
typically one year of intense work and LOTS of volunteers to make it happen)
seem small by comparison. And someone has to drive the thing. Would that be
you?

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com