[CQ-Contest] Book Realities

Henry Heidtmann n4vhk at summitschool.com
Fri Jan 25 12:27:17 EST 2002

I would very much like to contribute to such an effort with a chapter for emerging
M/S operations. My experience here has been the M/S is a solid entry point into
contesting as well as station updating. We constantly grab new hams on the local
scene, and let them taste the feeling of a good pileup- something they might not
obtain otherwise. And our station is really a small downtown shack- built
collectively- and when all the work, equipment and talent comes together (along
with a great meal or two!)  you can be competitive. The small station is indeed
the birthplace of skilled operators.
FWIW,
Henry, N4VHK
W4WS Contest Crew