[CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Mon Jan 28 22:56:10 EST 2002

> Ask him to characterize the Board's response to the contest clubs' letter,
> which offered volunteer help in improving contest coverage in QST while
> saving on production costs.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

The letter was looked at by all.  The help is welcome.  Bellows believed
that the outside panel making a proposal was the wrong approach and that it
should be one of mutual cooperation between the working group and outsiders.

The "working group" is made up of Committee Chairs and ARRL staff.

There was more discussion on this line but frankly, it was between Al-K0AD
and Bellows.  It related to the MWA appointing someone to work with the
working group.  They were looking for Business types, marketing types,
sports writers, PR types, non-lifer contesters (newbies), etc.  I think AL
can contribute more to this than I since there were private emails and
discussions drawn into the discussion that I did not understand.

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com