[CQ-Contest] Ideas for WRTC 2004

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Thu Jul 18 17:17:27 EDT 2002

"Peter Grillo, Sr." wrote:

> YU7BW (OJ2Q) had 254 QSO's on 20 SSB 1st hour!

Well, perhaps one more story. In the late 80s, I and several others
operated the
CQWWSSB from V47. Now, to show the rediculous, we arranged for a top
JA ( think his
name was Yosi ) to be part of our team. Flew him over here at our
expense, ect. Although he did operate other bands, his primary use was
when openings to JA occured in late afternoon. His rate was absolutely
fantastic, over 400+ per hour, and of course, in Japanese.

So that may well be a consideration the next time a team is put
together. Believe me, he had his buddies at home lined up like ducks
in a shooting gallary. No doubt, the discipline of the JAs was also a
factor.

And yes, we did win.

73
ed, k4sb