[CQ-Contest] I know I'm confused (Re: Why IARU?)

Kevin Anderson k9iua at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 07:32:17 EDT 2002

I know I am one confused operator.
I personally found the IARU and WRTC being on
the same weekend to be very confusing.  At times
they were talked about in the same breath, and
other times they are talked about separately.
In the end I feel like I never really understood
what went on this last weekend, particularly in
understanding exactly what WRTC was and how these
particular operators come to be associated.

I still am largely a new contest operator, at
least when compared to the experience level that
most of you have acquired.  I suspect that there
are many other relatively new contestors who are
confused by the dual (or is that combined?) IARU
and WRTC contests on the same weekend.  The
sponsors of both could do much more to help
clarify what is going on.

Cheers/73,
Kevin, K9IUA

=====