[CQ-Contest] Re: [WriteLog] Maritime Mobile Stations in IARU Test?

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 09:11:19 EDT 2002

In a message dated 7/20/2002 11:48:56 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
cwman at juno.com writes:

> I sent a reply to John.  Wasn't there something in the rules about R1 and R2
> (Region 1 and Region 2)?

Here is what the IARU rules say:

8. Multipliers: The total number of ITU zones plus IARU member society HQ
stations worked on each band (not mode.) IARU officials represent a maximum
of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3).

So, R1, R2 and R3 are IARU officials, like PA0LOU, not ITU regions of the
world.

Seems to me that /mm stations should score 1, 3 or 5 points, depending on
their location in or out of your zone/continent.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450