[CQ-Contest] Follow The Money

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 22 13:15:44 EDT 2002

snippets taken from one account of the past weekend's board meeting:

ALERT: Sun, July 21, 2002; 11:04 PM ET

Section News and Contest Scores Moving to the Web

In a controversial decision the ARRL Board has voted 9 to 6 to remove
Section News and contest scores from QST as of the January 2003 issue.

The roll call vote is as follows:

Opposed:
                      Roderick-K5UR-Delta Div., Fuller-N3EFN-Atlantic Div.,
Race-WB8BGY-Great Lakes Div.,
                      Milnes-W7OZ-Northwestern Div., Maxwell-W6CF-Pacific
Div., and
                      Butler-W4RH-Southeastern Div.

Voting for the removal:

Isely-W9GIG-Central Div.,
                      Bellows-K0QB-Dakota Div., Fallon-N2FF-Hudson Div.,
Walstrom-W0EJ-Midwest Div.,
                      Frenaye-K1KI-New England Div., Bodson-W4PWF-Roanoke
Div., Stinson-W0CP-Rock
                      Mountain Div., Goddard-W6XD-Southwestern Div. and
Day-N5OK-West Gulf Div. All
                      directors can be reach at their call-signs @ arrl.org.
Great Lakes Division Director George

un-snip

...I am sure full details are or are about to be posted at the ARRL website.

Thank you W4RH for voting in favor of contest score retention in QST  and
the chance to expose non-contesters to contesting...hopefully the ARRL will
allow QST to use as much space for promotion of OPERATING versus mere
license holding and vhf transceiver buying.

The post "un-snip" comments are my own...and the snippets in the top part of
the message were edited from the WCF section webpage.

73,

Jim, K4OJ