[CQ-Contest] league bashing//tree hugging//results

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Wed Jul 24 02:10:59 EDT 2002

jljarvis wrote:

> If you find ARRL flawed, YOU are responsible.  Become involved.
> And stop whining.

I'm responsible?  How do you figure that?  Involved with what?  I
didn't push for codeless licenses or dumbing down the tests.  I
was a VE for years but quit because nobody wants to learn code
any more.  I belonged to RACES, but nobody could agree where the
station should be or who should be the "boss."  Got sick of that!
Went to field day last year and they had a TS-520 on the table
that nobody knew how to tune up (including some general class
operators).
Why doesn't the ARRL just publish the whole magazine on the web?
Oh yeah, they wouldn't get any ad money.  As long as they can
keep a token of a magazine going, they can still put ad's in it.
Till the radio companies get tired supporting a magazine that
more and more people don't want to read anyway.  Then what?
Tom W7WHY