[CQ-Contest] making lemonade (was: ARRL report on line scores decision)

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Jul 26 12:07:13 EDT 2002

At 09:26 AM 7/26/02 -0500, N5OT wrote:
> >I can't, for the life of me, figure out
> >why that should improve timeliness of result
> >delivery by more than 15 days.
>
>Um, web-based results?  Trey said:
>
> >45 day lead time to publish articles in QST
>
>Now that QST results are history, there's another 45 days right there.  The
>time is right to try and move closer to quicker results.

Mark, my point was that all of those things could be (are) happening
regardless of whether the log deadline is 15 or 30 days, so the net
improvement from that single change is only 15 days.

I just think that the 30 to 15-day change needs to be considered on its own
merits.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at