[CQ-Contest] Deadlines, log checking, and paper logs

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Fri Jul 26 21:36:45 EDT 2002

I understand the thought, but does it have a multiplier against it in
the significant range.

Do you know of ANY international business that uses real post to move
INFORMATION around. An international business that can't move it's
information electronically is very quickly a bankrupt business. If I
wanted to get a floppy to a friend in EU, I would email it.

GOODS move by post, not INFORMATION, not any more.

Think about it. Here's a guy that has a pc and a logging program
likely. Costs him a quid or worse to physically mail a floppy to the
US, or he can take the floppy to a friend's house, and email the file,
for free.

Stories are everywhere about how having the internet has allowed
out-back businesses to sell to the world. Where are these people you
are worried about precluding? Let them exercise some initiative and
creativity.

A big gun can't get his log right. And it's the log checker's
responsibility to fix it? And the fact it's a big gun makes his gorked
log more worthy than a little guy's?

If a robot bounces said gorked log, the big gun knows right away.
Cabrillo is new, but everybody is learning it. And the robot is
democratic. It bounces all gorked logs.

The first time that a big gun doesn't get the log in on time, and all
his operators lose their spot in the standings, will be the LAST time
the big gun doesn't get his log in on time. Boss man will never hear
the end of it. (It may be W3LPL in the listings, but the score belongs
to the TROOPS.)

People can handle it.

LETS MOVE ON.

73,