[CQ-Contest] WHAT'S THE BIG RUSH?

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sun Jul 28 10:27:29 EDT 2002

I think the reminder article is fine as a reminder and as an enticement to
non-contesters to try their hand.

Personal contact might be more effective.

What's the percentage these days of electronic log submissions these days?
Pretty high, I would imagine. 70%? 80%? 90%?

Is there a way these days to get the e-mail addresses from the contest's
previous year's electronic log submissions and send an e-mail to them about
a week or two ahead of time to
	(1) thank them for their participation in last year's contest (maybe even
remind them of their score and placing) and
	(2) to invite them to participate in this year's contest (provide dates,
times, exchanges, links, etc.)?

For the casual or newbie contester who happened to show up in a contest, it
might make the difference between being there or being a no-show.  Isn't a
habit formed after doing something as few as two or three times?

73,
dale, kg5u