[CQ-Contest] CW UBN

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Sat Jun 1 21:29:20 EDT 2002

Actually they already count as you suggest. That is why the original
poster worked the multi to begin with, to get USA and the zone on a
particular band. Example, at NY4A, we need one "K" station and zones
3,4,5 on each band for mults, even though they don't count as Q
points.

There is no loss to logging 0 point qso's. I'm really quite mystified
that anyone would drop them who is using any of the computer loggers.

In order to get a same country exchange to go out at all so that the
posting station would hear an exchange, the easiest way for the multi
to do that is type in the call and hit enter. All done. Deleting the Q
from the log takes additional work. Logging the Q is BY FAR the
easiest, fastest thing for the multi to do. "W1WXYZ <ENTER> 5
<ENTER>".  Everything else takes more time.

I suspect that someone may have done something like go through the
multi log afterward and deleted everything that had zero qso points
and wasn't a mult, not quite realizing what was happening.