[CQ-Contest] WEST VIRGINIA QSO PARTY THIS MONTH

WA8WV at aol.com WA8WV at aol.com
Mon Jun 3 23:03:21 EDT 2002

Hi all:

   ************************THE WEST VIRGINIA QSO PARTY IS SATURDAY, JUNE
15***************************

WVQP will be a good time to get those rare counties from West Virginia.  Last
year we had 25 counties activated and looks like we will have even more this
year.  Also have a T-Shirt available this year for the first time. Details
available
at  <A HREF="http://www.qsl.net/wvarrl">www.qsl.net/wvarrl</A>.

     Here are rules as published in the June 2002 issue of QST on Page 90:

Amateur Radio Council from 1600Z Jun 15 to 0200Z Jun 16. Frequencies: 80 – 10
meters, CW - 35 kHz from band edge, Phone - 35 kHz from General Class band
edge and Novice/Tech 10-meter segment. Categories: SO, MS, MM and Mobile, all
categories may be HP, LP (<100W), QRP (<5W), Phone, CW, or mixed mode. Work
stations once per band/mode and WV stations from each county (WV mobiles keep
separate log for each county). Exchange: RS(T) and WV county or SPC. QSO
Points: Fixed stations: CW - 2 pts, SSB - 1 pt; Mobiles: CW - 5 pts, SSB - 3
pts; Bonus - 100 pts for QSOs with W8WVA once per band/mode, WV mobiles add
100 points per county activated with minimum of 15 QSO’s. Score: QSO points x
WV counties (+ SPC for WV stations), add bonus to final score, multipliers
count only once. For more information - <A HREF="http://www.qsl.net/wvarrl">www.qsl.net/wvarrl</A>. Logs due by Jul
15 to WA8WV at aol.com or to Dave Ellis WA8WV, 610 Hillsdale Drive, Charleston,
WV 25302.

Hope to see you in WVQP.