[CQ-Contest] Headphones and N6TJ Secret

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Thu Jun 6 22:16:09 EDT 2002

Duct tape works well.

I'm not a frequent SSB contest participant.  Also, a few years ago, I threw
out a couple of my old boom mic/headsets (the headphones were shot).  For
one SSB contest I did get into a year or two ago, I took my Ten-Tec desk mic
and some duct tape and fashioned a loop to hang the mic stand with the base
against my chest and the mic near my mouth.  Worked great!  No tape to rip
off my scalp after the contest and lose hair--I'm doing that naturally and
medically.

73,
dale, kg5u