[CQ-Contest] Contest logging software

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Jun 17 09:49:05 EDT 2002

In a message dated 6/17/2002 4:35:45 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
N6TT at hotmail.com writes:

> Looks like Im gonna have to download several and decide what wrks for
> me....I appreciate all the input -

Steve, I would give WL a strong vote over TR.  TR is a DOS program.  Not that
there is anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say.  It's just that you
would be latching onto something from an old generation.

I have been using WL for 3 years and, although I have my frustrations with
it, I do really love it.  A friend of mine who is a died-in-the-wool TR geek
had me try TR.  In a way, it is really cleaver, but I did find it quite
difficult to used to.  TR has many wonderful features, but for me WL does the
job nicely.

Actually, you could adopt both WL and TR, and have a really fun time learning
both.  Throw in CT and NA for grins.  With the combination, you would
probably have max flexibility for contesting!

GL es 73, Geo...k5kg

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450